Read the Festival Director's Introduction.
Pacific's Janet Leigh Theatre
On campus at corner of Chapel Lane & Atchley Way
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95211
Parking and Directions: Enter the University of the Pacific campus on the Pacific Avenue side (east side). Drive north past Burns Tower (tall white building). The road turns left as you approach Morris Chapel. Follow the road. When you come to the stop sign at the corner of Chapel Lane and Atchley Way one block away, the theatre is at that corner. Parking is free across the campus and on the streets surrounding the University after 5pm on weekdays and all-day during weekends.
• No outside drinks or food are allowed inside the Janet Leigh Theatre.
• No children under 7 years old will be admitted to the festival.
• At appropriate screenings or events, children between the ages of 7 and 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
• No babes in arms. - Children must be at least 13 years of age in order to be issued, or use, a festival ticket or pass.
• As for ratings, most of the films are new, international, or independently released, and have not been rated by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA). We urge parents to carefully review the film descriptions in the program guide and use their discretion in determining age appropriateness.
Dolores @ SJIFF9
Peter Bratt's exhilarating documentary film about labor leader, activist, and Stocktonian Dolores Huerta will screen at SJIFF9. Details
In the News
Read and watch SJIFF9 interviews on TV, on the radio, and in print. Click here.
The Paris Opera
Jean-Stéphane Bron's sensational fly-on-the-wall documentary about one of the world's leading arts institutions "The Paris Opera" will screen at SJIFF9. Details
Listen @ SJIFF9
Made by San Joaquin-born filmmakers Brooke Dooley and Erahm Christopher and filmed entirely in San Joaquin County, "Listen" will screen at SJIFF9. Details
The people have spoken: "Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe" was honored with the Audience Choice Award at the prestigious European Film Awards on December 9th. Catch this superb film at SJIFF9.